Gold Coast Summer Swims 1
A series of three events in December, January and February offering two shorter distances. Be aware, these events allow wetsuits in open company.
- Event - Gold Coast Summer Swims | Event #1
- Date, start time - December 7, 2019, 08:00
- Manager - World Series Swims
- Swim type - Surf beach
- Distances - 1.25km, 1.75km
- Minimum age - 12
- Details - Organisers say -
The Gold Coast Summer Swims are a series of regular, short course ocean swims held every month over Summer, in December, January & February.
They are super social and the distances are great training goals – think of them as stepping stones to longer distances and other events throughout your Summer.
The Summer Swim | 1.25km
The Summer Swim is for beginners, elites and everyone in between. It has a simple point-to-point course layout which is easy to navigate – no complicated turns!
The course also travels ‘with the sweep’ of the ocean, so you’ll get a bit of help as you swim.
Step Up | 1.75km
As the name suggests, the 1.75km course is a ‘step up’ in distance from the social swim. We want to provide a slightly longer option that you can set your sights on throughout the series.
- Swim caps provided with entry - Random colours
- Wetties - All swimmers are eligible for category placings / prizes no matter which swimsuit they are wearing.
- Access - Please contact the organiser for options
- Other series dates - Jan 19 and Feb 16, 2020
- Enquiries - Please Email World Series Swims or visit website for event info.
Where it is...