Jimmys Beach Open Water Swim
This swim runs in conjunction with the Hervey Bay SLSC Masters carnival, which is on the Saturday of this weekend. Three distances on offer. Something for everyone. If you'd like to try it from interstate, you can fly direct to Hervey Bay from Sydney and Brisbane.
What you need to know...
- Event - Jimmys Beach Open Water Swim
- Date, time - Nov 17, 2019, 8am
- Manager and beneficiary - Myall Masters Swimming Club
- Swim type - Protected beach inside Port Stephens.
- Distances - 600m, 1.5km
- Entry fees - $30 for either or both swims
- Minimum age - 18
- Race Day - Registrations 8-9am
- Details -
- 08:00-08:30 - Warm up
- 08:00-09:00 - Registration
- 08:35 - Briefing
- For Masters Swimmimng NSW members and members of the public over 18yrs.
- Tickets $30.00 from the Myall Masters Swimming website
- Entries open September 1, 2019; entries close November 10, 2019
- Swim caps provided with entry - "SLSA-approved fluoro colours"
- Wetties? - "Wet suits and swimming aids permitted eg, fins, pull buoys. Swimmers with aids not eligible for prizes. (swimmers with disabilities excepted)"
- Access - "Swimmers with disabilities permitted to use aids such as fins pull buoys and wet suits. swimmer with disabilities are eligible for prizes. Also mobility chair available"
- Enquiries - Email or phone 0444 749 766
Where it is...