Husky Ocean Swim
First day of the Husky Triathlon Festival, effectively a swimming prelude to the tri business ahead. Note, this is a Friday swim, acting as a prelude to a weekend of triathlon.
- Event - Husky Ocean Swim
- Date, start - Friday, February 28, 2020, Start 5:30pm
- Event Manager - Elite Energy Events
- Water - Salt, protected beach
- Distances - 500m or 1km
- Minimum age - 8
- Details - Organisers say: "Held in one of Australia’s most pristine aquatic environments, on the shores of Jervis Bay, Huskisson, this is a great swim in its own right or a fantastic warm up for a weekend full of triathlon and running fun. Make a weekend of it. Huskisson is a spectacular spot to race and holiday with great local cafes and restaurants, a range of accommodation, and a festival expo full of swim and other sporting bargains!"
- Swim caps - "Random colours"
- Wetsuits - "Wetsuit-wearing ocean swimmers will not be eligible for age group medals, but will be awarded 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in a special category."
- Access - "We like to be as inclusive as possible. Contact us and we can look at options available for your needs."
- More info - Ph 02 4423 7775 or email
Where it is...