Husky Hop Swim
A journey event with a difference... See below for explanation...
- Event - Husky Hop Swim
- Date, start time - October 27, 2019, start from 08:45 (5km swim), 9:15 (3km swim), 09:45 (1km swim)
- Event Manager - Elite Energy Events
- Water - Salt, protected beach
- Distances - Swim - 1km, 3km or 5km
- Minimum age - 10
- Details - Organisers say: "The Husky Hop is a point to point race with a difference. Competitors will be bused out to the various start points across the coastline depending on their race distance. All races will start from the beach; competitors will head out to the first buoy and make their way back to the beach checkpoint, where they will receive a wrist band and hydration (if required). After receiving their wristband, participants will then re-enter the water, heading out to the next checkpoint or finish line depending on their race distance. Wristbands will be used to confirm the full course has been competed. Swimming and paddling along the coastline and "hopping out" is a safer way to keep competitors close to the shore and is great for spectators, too."
- Swim caps - "Random colours"
- Wetsuits - Wetsuit-wearing ocean swimmers will not be eligible for age group medals, but will be awarded 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in a special category.
- Access - "We like to be as inclusive as possible. Contact us and we can look at options available for your needs."
- More info - Ph 02 4423 7775 or email
Where it is...