By clicking this link for Quick Entry, you agree that you have read the event information carried on this page...
Hervey Bay Pier2Pub
Swim the infinite beach...
Three distances on offer. Something for everyone. If you'd like to try it from interstate, you can fly direct to Hervey Bay from Sydney and Brisbane.
What you need to know...
- Event - Swim Hervey Bay Pier 2 Pub
- Date, time - September 1, 2019, events start from 8am (registration from 7am, first event 8am, but this requires walk along beach after 7:30am briefing for 8am start)
- Manager and beneficiary - Hervey Bay SLSC
- Swim type - Protected beach. Hervey Bay faces north and generally offers smooth conditions with no surf to speak of. There is often a current running along the beach, but the swims are timed to take advantage of this.
- Distances - 3km, 1km, 500m
- Entry fees - 3km or 1km - $45, 500m - $30, Any two swims - $60, All three swims - $70 ($10 more for race day entries)
- Minimum age - 12
- Event Details -
- 8:00am - The Edge Marketing 1000 (briefing 7:30am at Hervey Bay SLSC before walk along beach to start)
- 8:45am - The oceanswims.com 500 (briefing 8:30am at Hervey Bay SLSC then walk along beach to start)
- 10:00am - The Pier 2 Pub (briefing 9:15am at Hervey Bay SLSC before gathering at Urangan Pier 9:45 for 10am start)
- Entries close - 10am, Saturday, August 31, 2019 (New, extended closing time... No late or on the day entries. No exceptions.)
- Under 18 swimmers - Parents/guardians of swimmers aged under 18 must complete the online entry form, not the swimmers themselves. They must include their consent to the entry with full name and phone contact included in the Emergency contact fields. (Just a phone number, a first name, or a number and first name will not do.) Entries of U18 swimmers without this complete parental/guardian consent will not be accepted. Entries of U18 swimmers must use parent's email addresses, not those of U18 swimmers.
- Race Day - Registrations open at Hervey Bay Surf Life Saving Club 7am-9am.
- Wetties? - Awgies say, "Water will be warm; no wetsuit required!" Or permitted.
- Other details -
- All competitors will have a chance to win spot prizes.
- All swimmers must swim in safety vest & swim cap in all swims
- Cash Prizes for fastest time P2P Male & Female
- No late or on the day entries: no exceptions
- Race information will be posted on Facebook swimherveybay
- Presentation Torquay Hotel 12 noon
- Saturday afternoon social swim at HBSLC 3.30 pm
- Enquiries - Email Darren Everard or phone 0448 045 041
- More info - Download hard copy entry form (pdf)... Click here... or Facebook
- Progress online entries - To check progress entries online... Click here
Please read this: Any problems you encounter in entering this event online are likely to be caused by browser conflicts. If you run into problems, please try using a different browser, or a later version of your browser, or try from a different PC. Remember, do not enter or pay for this swim twice. If you run into problems that you can't resolve with this advice, email us and we'll sort it out. Refunds are available only prior to close of online entries, and are subject to an admin fee of $10. After you've entered, check the progress online entries list (link above or under swims/progress entries) to make sure your entry has been recorded correctly. If your confirmation email doesn't turn up, check your Spam and Trash folders.
We accept Visa and Mastercard only.
Enter this event now... Click here