Swim the Bay Australia Day
A swim on the far north coast of NSW that is not as subject to the vagaries of the sea as some others. It's run in Shaws Bay, a saltwater inlet just inside the mouth of the Richmond River. Organisers say Shaws Bay is a popular training venue for local open water and ocean swimmers.
What you need to know...
- Date - Australia Day, Sunday, January 26, 2020, from 9:45am (registrations close 9am)
- Organiser - Ballina Lighthouse & Lismore Surf Life Saving Club
- Water - Saltwater bay, sheltered from swell
- Distances - 850m, 1.7km, 200m Dash for Cash (open only to swimmers who also take part in either or both of the longer events).
- Entry fees - TBA
- Minimum age - 10
- Wetsuit policy - Below 18C water temp, all swimmers are encouraged to wear wetsuits and will be eligible for prizes and places. Water above 18C, prizes allocated to non-wetsuit swimmers.
- Disability support - Contact Craig Worling (below)
- More info - Email or phone Craig Worling 0421 056 524
Where it is...