21st Moorpanyal Park 1000
Organisers say: "The world's largest free-to-enter open water swim". Yes, that's right: it's a FREE swim. But be warned, this swim will not run on this date every year.
- Venue - Moorpanyal Park beach, on the bay in Geelong's "northern suburbs", cnr The Esplanade and Seabeach Pde.
- Date, time - Saturday, February 29, 2020, 9am (registration closes 8:30am) (Check website to confirm date and time)
- Manager - North Shore Residents Group, supported by City of Greater Geelong, Fairhaven Surf Life Saving Club, Geelong Coast Guard, Geelong Life Saving Club
- Swim type - Protected beach in saltwater bay, organisers say.
- Distances - 1,000m
- Minimum age - 12
- Details - Organisers say: "The Moorpanyal 1000 in Geelong's Moorpanyal Park overlooking picturesque Corio Bay is claimed by its local volunteer team to be the world's largest FREE to enter open water swim. Starts at 9am. Registration closes at 8.30am, available prior by email. Prizes for open and group winners, plus all swimmers are eligible for an exciting range of spot prizes and a sausage sizzle breakfast. Geelong's famous Pako Festa commences from 11am in nearby Geelong West."
- Further info - Website
Where it is...